Friday, February 25, 2011

Fun Friday - English

Have you ever felt the feeling that you don't belong anywhere you go? I do sometimes. Maybe it is because I've moved so many times. Even when I was living in Brazil I felt that kind of detachment.
I didn't realize I was experiencing this detachment here until my sister visited us for 45 days by the end of last year. Actually, I realized a lot of things while she was here. But I won't go that deep. I just wanted to explain my reasons to start what I named: Fun Friday.
My first attempt to Scrapbook: An wedding anniversary gift to my husband - Not bad!

I love when I am creating something but let's be realistic, I have a lot of art supply that I don't use so often. It seams that one trillion other things will come up for me to do before I have a change to enjoy my 'stuff' and explore my creativity. I thought other people would be suffering from the same "Disease": lack of time to enjoy making hand-made goodies.
Tags
So, I decided to invite some of my girlfriends over to make art & crafts. We met one Friday, before Valentines' Day and we made cards and party favors to celebrate Love. By the end of the night, we all agreed that we should do it again. We decided to meet twice a month: the first and third Fridays. We would bring whatever project that we had forgotten in our cabinets or depending on the occasion, we would start new ones.
Gift Boxes

I think our Fun Friday it is more like a "AA" kind of group but for creativity and for friendship. These are the two main reason why I keep inviting over 60 people every other week to come over to share our interest for crafts, to share some food and to learn each other skills. Yes! That is right. I love to learn new things and I really like to teach, I just can't help it, I am an art teacher. So, by the end of our second meeting, I launched the idea that every Fun Friday, we should teach each other something. The first guest was Yvonne Metz. I found Yvonne searching the Internet. My sister (again) introduced me to Stampin' Up. I loved their stuff at the first glance. I looked up for a demonstrator in my area and I found Yvonne. I start to look her blog almost everyday and I felt in love with her creations. Then I called Yvonne and invited her to come to our Fun Friday and teach us something. She did. It was so much fun. Thank you Yvonne. We appreciate  your time, care and love for what you do.


Fun Friday with Yvonne Metz

Next Fun Friday I am going to be the guest. I am planning to show my friends the art of 'quilling.' The cool side of card making and scrapbook is the possibility you have to incorporate other art and crafts techniques into your artwork.
Greeting Cards

Well, I guess what I really want to say is, if you feel you are missing something in your life, try to have your friends over and make something with your hands. For me is some sort of therapy. It fulfills my need for creating something. It is really cool!


Folded Tag

Folded Tag Detail



Be the change that you want to see in the world. -MAHATMA GANDHI

4 comments:

  1. Tinha deixado um comentario antes mas acho que nao foi enviado...
    Disse que to achando muito legal que os dias q passei ai c vc tenham servido de inspiração pra vc começar a mse aventurar na arte do scrapbooking...E também que além de diversão, o scrap traz pa gente um monte de amizades novas e isso é o mais legal de tudo!!

    Espero que vc faça amizades novas e muito scrap nas Fun Fridays....

    Ta sendo aí na sua casa?? O Vince deixa?? E a Ma ta participando???

    Beijao em vcs....

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gente se reune no salao de festas daqui do condominio. Eh mais espacoso do que a minha sala de jantar. A Manoela sempre esta conosco. Ela gosta muito. Olha as fotos no Flickr, tem as coisas dela la tambem.
    Muitos beijos.
    Love you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coloquei no meu blog a tua propaganda da Stampin' up...Olha la!! Beijos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olha o link: http://euquefizscrap.wordpress.com/2011/02/26/stampin-up-entrega-no-brasil/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...