Friday, September 9, 2011

Meet the New Instructor and Cards 4 the Troops

Greetings after a dark (yet fun) night.
Yes, we survived after 9 long hours with no electricity. Well, since I came from the Amazon, I wasn't so stressed being without power. I remember when my family and I spent the whole summer vocation in our beach house and sometimes without any electricity, no big deal. More fun time for us, kids, playing with our hands making shadows on the wall or just playing cards around the candle, and it was with that spirit in mind that we spent our evening. Luckily, I didn't need to cook because I had made "caldo verde" or green broth as a literal translation, a yummy Portuguese-soup, the night before and had saved the left over in the freezer. Dinner was saved just heating it up and enjoying the night.

But the reason for this post it is not the power failure we lived yesterday. I would like to invite you all to join me this coming Sunday, yes, 9/11 to make free cards to send to our troops abroad.
Since I am the new team member for Ever After Scrapbooks and just launched some new paper craft classes there, Camille and I thought it would be an excellent idea to have a "meet the new instructor"/community service event.
Ever After is donating some supplies and I will bring stamps, ink pads, punches and so on, so we can make thoughtful cards to send to our soldiers in remembrance of 9/11 attack 10 years ago.
Our cards 4 the troops event will happen from 11 am to 1 pm, just this Sunday. This is a family event, therefore husbands or boyfriends and children are welcome to participate.

I hope see you there!

Djana

Be the change that you want to see in the world. -MAHATMA GANDHI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...