Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Amazonian Warrior

Greetings!
Everything starts with a little story, here is my story about Art Meets Fashion...
Most of you knows about my passion for creativity. Back in 2010 I was invited to participate in a workshop/project launch. It was a brainstorming exercise promoted by two organizations: SDVAN (San DiegoVisual Arts Network) and FOCUS (Fashion Opportunity Connect US.) These two organization came up with the project:

"The Art Meets Fashion mission is to initiate collaborations between established fashion designers and visual artists of excellence, to showcase the creativity in San Diego, and to encourage local teens to be involved in the Arts."

Even that I am not participating in the main project, for my surprise, one day in the mid of last year, I received an invitation to be a part of the:

This past weekend I spent most of my time in Fallbrook developing my "Mannequin". Please, meet



 And HIS story is:

THE AMAZONIAN WARRIOR
                                (Djana Venolia)

The Amazonian Warrior is the forest's guardian.
He symbolizes our connection with mother-nature
And our disconnection with her at the same time.
He is connected to her only through a thin line.

The Amazonian Warrior represents the earth,
The flora and Fauna.
He is the forest's spirit
And human-being's soul.

He is the deforestation of the Amazonian Rain-forest
And
At the same time
He is here to remind us that we need the forest to breath.

He is the breath of hope for a future with balance
Balance between all mankind
And between the human species with all the other species:
Coexistence

The wise people of the forest say that
Each tree cut down is a soul that
Wanders aimlessly,
Soulless.

Each tree that is down
Makes hundreds of living creatures
Move to find another safe dwelling,
Another source of food and water.

The Amazonian Warrior is everything
And Nothing.
The Amazonian Warrior is only a mannequin sitting on a piece of cut tree
with eternity to observe.

To see more "The Amazonian Warrior" pics, visit my Flickr.
I would love to know your opinion about my artwork. Please, leave your comment.
Thank you.
Djana









Be the change that you want to see in the world. -MAHATMA GANDHI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...